Thursday, February 19, 2009

Without a fence between...Dog + Chicken = Trouble

Today I looked out the back door to see Mary Scot running excitedly around. I thought this could mean only one thing. This is of course, because one of our chickens is a wonderful flier. She can fly straight over the fence walls - I've seen her do it.
I dashed outside catching a glimpse of Hatchy, flustered, but quick, racing away from MS. The chicken was able to slip through the neighbors picket fence while I caught the dog. Poor Hatchy was finally found unharmed in the neighbors yard and returned to her pen. We'll be roofing the pen tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Not just a trouble it's going to be a big trouble! I am glad that there is not much for me to get worried around, I already have electric fence for dogs!!

    ReplyDelete