Sunday, January 11, 2009

Poem for Lis

Poem for Lis
November 24, 2003

I really cant wait
but she will be here late

I am so happy
she is going to see her "Pappy"

Her husband will see
I am happy as a bee

She will be her for Thanksgiving
I am glad that she is living

She may be a pain
but I can see that is gain

Her family she may love
though she's not a white dove

We'll never throw her to a sitter
though she may smell like litter

Her house may be clean
and her budget so lean

Her dogs favorite is sugar
but he also likes burger

Seven months her husband was gone
yet she kept up his lawn

Written With Love,
Ivanna and Osanna

4 comments:

  1. That was so sweet and funny. Great Poem, maybe you could write one for me some day? I'd like to hear that. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you know it,
    That you're a poet,
    And words become enthralling,
    Timing, rhyming, all is calling
    You to write a verse!


    You must have had a great time writing your Poem for Lis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've come a long way - that was like six years ago. Didn't you know?

    ReplyDelete